Stockinbingal Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Stockinbingal (2725) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Murray & Riverina, New South Wales. It is about 313 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Stockinbingal is in the federal electorates of Hume, Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Stockinbingal was 448 and is comprised of approximately 50.4% females and 49.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Stockinbingal is 46 years of age.

89.7% of people living in the suburb of Stockinbingal were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.9% England, 0.9% New Zealand, 0.9% Germany.

95.5% of people living in Stockinbingal speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Stockinbingal is 36.8% Anglican, 22.9% Catholic, 16.8% No religion, 7.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.0% Uniting Church, 3.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.0% Christian, nfd, 1.6% Latter-day Saints, 0.7% Jehovah's Witnesses, 0.7% Baptist.

54.1% of people are married, 27.6% have never married and 10.7% are divorced and 2.5% are separated. There are 18 widowed people living in Stockinbingal.

56.5% of the people living in Stockinbingal over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.6% are working on a part time basis. Stockinbingal has an unemployment rate of 8.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Stockinbingal are 35.5% Managers, 16.1% Labourers, 12.3% Professionals, 12.3% Technicians & trades workers, 9.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.5% Community & personal service workers, 5.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 2.6% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Stockinbingal work in are 47.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.8% Education and training, 11.2% Retail trade, 7.9% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.9% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.9% Manufacturing, 3.9% Health care and social assistance, 3.3% Accommodation and food services, 3.3% Public administration and safety.

45.6% of homes are fully owned, and 36.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $354 per week and the median household income is $761 per week.

The median rent in Stockinbingal is $40 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $777 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Stockinbingal postcode 2725

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: North Lambton 2299 -> Hunter Valley -> New South Wales